Challenge: Who will win the NBA’s Most Improved Player Award for the 2012-2013 season?
Hints for Challenge #3:
The hints below are a sequence of questions and resources to help you think about the challenge and find a direction for your answer. Looking at the hints is optional, you may choose to view them or not.
Please submit your answer by September 30th. Submissions could range from a few sentences to a few paragraphs, whatever it takes to make your case. Your submission can be made by email to AnalyticChallenge@gmail.com. Your work can be in a word processing document or in the email text. All submissions should include the following elements (copy and paste headings into your word processing document):
- First Name
- Last Name*
- Grade Level (Grade you are entering this fall)
- Thesis Statement (Stating your answer to the challenge)
- Narrative Response (Make the case for your answer, feel free to include charts, graphs, etc.)
- Amount of adult help received* (Describe the the assistance you received in working on this submission)
- Hints used* (for each hint, tell us if you used it, if it was helpful and why)
- Feedback* (On the project, the challenge, the hints, etc.)
*information will be kept confidential
- Challenges target students in grades K-12. Students must be at least 13 years old to submit a response to the challenge. Students under 13 must ask their parent, guardian or teacher to submit a response on their behalf.
- Students are free to seek help from parents, teachers and other outside resources. However, we ask that the quantity and nature of adult support be clearly documented in the student’s submission.
- We would like to post submissions here on the K-12 Analytic Challenge homepage. If you would prefer that your work not be displayed to the public please let us know.
Before you get started, please take the time to let us know what you think about the challenge.